Our mission is to provide caring service to Swedish Medical Center patients and their families, as well as providing services to the surrounding community.
Swedish Medical Center Auxiliary, located in Englewood, Colorado, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our programs include the volunteer staffed Gift Gallery (gift shop located in the hospital lobby), The Second Chance Shoppe (secondhand store located across from the hospital), and other Fundraising and Special Events.
Proceeds from these efforts are used for:
- Annual Children’s Health Education Days
- Scholarships & Educational Grants
- SAC Scholarships for Hospital Employees
- Doctor’s Care support
- Colorado Neurological Institute support
- Pastoral Care support
- Assistance with Grief support
- Shots for Tots support
- Teddy bears for patients
- Clothing assistance for patients in need
- Victim Assistance Kits
- Newborn t-shirts and blankets
- Golden Books for newborns
- Crayons & coloring books for Emergency Department and hospital waiting rooms
- Junior Volunteer Program
- Volunteer Clown Program
- Pet Visitation Program
We welcome those in our community to become an SMCA volunteer and be a part of our outstanding team. Hospital volunteers make a difference by providing the caring touch in many ways.
Call Volunteer Services at 303.788.6560 for a volunteer application, or to submit an application online, visit the Swedish Medical Center Volunteer Services web page.